APPLICATIONS OPEN: DEADLINE MONDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2017
This year the South London Gallery Post-Graduate Residency is an open submission six month residency opportunity available to artists completing an MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or an equivalent programme of study (including alternative, peer organised and non-accredited programmes,) from an institution, collective or art school in the UK between October 2016 and October 2017. The residency is also being generously supported by Black Dog Publishing, allowing the recipient the opportunity to produce a publication.
Between November 2017 and May 2018, the resident will receive the following:
• rent-free accommodation and workspace in the SLG Outset Artists’ Flat;
• a £5,000 bursary to produce new work and help cover living expenses;
• monthly mentoring sessions from SLG staff and other art professionals across London;
• the opportunity to produce a publication with Black Dog Publishing;
• a solo exhibition in the SLG’s first floor galleries March 2018,
• A series of public events in response to the artist’s practice.
The residency enables the production of a new body of work and a rare opportunity for a recent graduate to exhibit within an internationally renowned institution.
To be eligible for the residency applicants must:
• have completed a postgraduate MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or equivalent programme of study (including alternative, peer organised and non-accredited programmes,) in an arts discipline from a UK institution, collective or art school, including Ireland, Scotland and Wales;
• be a UK/EU resident or hold a valid work visa with the right to stay in the UK for the entire duration of the residency.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from those based outside of London; in this instance support for significant travel will be offered to those invited to interview.
To apply for the South London Gallery Graduate Residency please visit http://
Applications should include:
• a completed application form (Please note that the total content of the application form, including images, must not exceed 9.5MB. We can also accept the five images via a download link, wetransfer);
• a CV listing details of education and qualifications attained and details of any recent exhibitions, commissions, awards, publications and employment – two pages maximum;
• five images, video links or audio clips of recent work.
Interviews will take place at the South London Gallery on 10-11 October 2017, if required, support for travel can be provided.
We regret we are unable respond to all applicants, if you have not heard anything by Thursday 5 October 2017 you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.
The South London Gallery Post-Graduate Residency
Supported by Black Dog Publishing www.blackdogonline.com.
Arts Council England, Southwark Council and Outset
Image: Alicia Reyes McNamara, Nowhere Else, installation view
at the South London Gallery, 2017. Courtesy Alicia Reyes
McNamara. Photo Andy Stagg